Monday, June 6, 2011

Boat talk

So - what's there to do in SL? I get that a lot from newbies and from people in the first world. Here's a few clues. There are millions of things to do, events to experience and sights to see, but the sailing just gets better and better. Dingies, small boats, big boats, AC multihulls... you name it, we got it.
Liv, Qyv and me talking boats.
There are at least a handfull of respectable boatbuilders; There are lots of weekly races, graded races even; We have major events such as the Fizz Cup and the One World; Besides all that there is boat talk all around. Above u see Liv, Qyv from Quest Marine and me discussing the - at the time - brand new Q2m.
What's happening?
As in real life, we need helpers for regattas, so here's me in a Zodiac waiting to start a race in the One World series. Wanna guess what that dude is asking? I mean, - he could be asking me out on a date; Then again he might just wanna hear, if we expect to start anytime soon.
Me and Jake getting ready for a little one on one racing.
It doesn't have to be formal racing; There are plenty of informal trainings, cruises, exploring trips, speed trials and what nuts. Above it is me an Jake getting ready for an informal test; Who is faster around a particular island and back. We're just discussing the spinnaker trim of the boat, the QSM40, before we take off. Excuse my messy ponytail; It is more practical when racing, and I really wanted to come first.

Besides the sailing, there are beautiful gardens, places and buildings; There are  skiing resorts, amusement parks and clubs in any flavour. Techno, disco, jazz, blues, but that will have to wait till later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Noodle says hi and behave :-)

(Please leave an identifiable name when commenting)